In order to set up your receipt printer with RepairDesk iPad POS Register app, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
Receipt Rolls: To make printing experience successful, you need to load the receipt roll into the latch by opening top right lid of the printer.
Cash Drawer: Setting up cash drawer is optional. If you wish to setup your cash drawer you need to connect it to printer through a cable.
A. Connecting the Printer to RepairDesk iPad POS Register App
Before proceeding with taking prints through EPSON Printer, you need to make sure that printer is connected to your iPad app through same internet connection.
B. Printing Receipts through EPSON Printer
1. Create ticket from RepairDesk iPad POS Register following the procedure explained here.
2. Order confirmation screen will be displayed once you create a ticket. You have to select print thermal receipt from this screen and you will get the print preview of the receipt as shown below. Click on Print Invoice button to print receipt.
C. Setting up Automatic Printing through EPSON Printer
Q. Can I print already existing invoices, tickets and estimates using EPSON Printer?
A. Yes definitely you can print existing tickets, invoices and estimates using this printer. All you need to do is configure and connect printer through LAN connection as shown above.
To Print Invoices
1. Head to View Invoices screen from POS.
2. Slide left
on the invoice you want to print and you will get the option to print. Hit the
print option and you will get the invoice printed.
To print Estimates
1. Similarly to print estimates, click on View estimates option appearing at bottom of POS screen
2. Slide left on the estimate
you want to print and you will get the option to print. Hit the print option
and you will get the estimate printed.
To Print Tickets
1. To print tickets, click on View Tickets option appearing at bottom of POS screen.
Q. Can I use this printer to print other receipts?
A. No, this printer can only be used to print thermal receipts.
Q. Can I follow this process for other printers as well?
A. Yes, this process can only be followed for Star TSP printers. To know how to setup Star TSP printer, please follow the link here.
Q. Does this printer works with Cash Drawer?
A. Yes absolutely, EPSON Printer works perfectly with Cash Drawer functionality in RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Is there any other printer that we can use to print receipts from RepairDesk iPad POS register app?
A. Yes you can use Google Cloud Print and Print Node for printing purposed through RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
For more details please follow the link here.
Also you can use STAR TSP 100 printer for printing through RepairDesk iPad POS Register app. To know how this printer works, please follow the link here.