All you need to do is create an account on Clickatell, get the API ID and place the information on App Page on RepairDesk.
Setting up Clickatell Integration on RepairDesk
1. First, go to Clickatell's website (https://www.clickatell.com/signup/) and create an account. Once you've signed up you will receive an API ID.
2. Login to RepairDesk and go to Settings.
3. Go to Integrations and click on the Clickatell SMS integration at the bottom.
4. Click on the Enable API checkbox and activate it.
5. Select Account type; Platform or Communicator.
Note: After November 2016 update of Clickatell, two account types are offered: Platform and Communicator. All accounts created after November 2016 are Platform accounts and only API ID provided by Clickatell is required for Integration. All accounts created before November 2016 are Communicator accounts and you have to enter Business Name, API ID, Username and Password to enable integration.
6. Enter the API ID you received by signing up to Clickatell, and click on Save Changes.
7. In case you have a Communicator account, enter your Business Name, Username and Password as well.
1. While logging in to Clickatell, you will be asked to select account type: Communicator or Platform.
2.In case of Platform account, enter you email and password to login.
3. In case of Communicator account, enter your username and password to login.
4. In Clickatell settings, under SMS Integrations, ensure that RepairDesk Clickatell SMS Gateway Integration is enabled.
And presto! Clickatell SMS gateway has been activated!
Q. What is sender ID?
A. A sender ID is an alpha-numeric number, ID or name which helps in identifying the sender of a SMS. Mostly it can be as long as 11 characters or digits.
Q. Can I use my business name as sender ID?
A. Yes you can. You can use any alpha-numeric number or name as your sender ID. However, Clickatell only supports sender ID in countries where it is a legal requirement. You can view the list of these countries from here.