1. On POS click on view invoices and find the invoice you would like to refund.
2. From the Search Filter, select status as Paid.
Note: Refund option will appear for Paid invoice only. Partial Refunds are not supported at the moment.
3. Now select the invoice you would like to refund which will open this transaction in cash register.
3. Select the items you would like to refund and hit checkout (green button). If a customer purchased different items you can remove or change quantity. This should also restock the inventory item if relevant items are setup for quantity tracking or start an RMA manually in case of faulty item.
4. You will also be able to take customer signatures at the time of checkout.
Note: RepairDesk doesn't have a specific exchange module, but you can use refund feature for this. Also at this point partial refund is not possible.
Q. How can I add a faulty part to RMA while issuing a refund?
A. In RepiarDesk if you're issuing a refund for an item, you also get the option to add that faulty part to a RMA.
To do so:
1. Select an Invoice and click on Refund. This will bring the invoice items to POS basket for refund.
2. Click on the Refund link as (shown in the screenshot below) the item which is to be refunded.
3. A pop up screen will open where you can mention whether the part was faulty or not. Select the checkbox No (it is faulty) if the item being refunded is faulty.
Also select the option Add item or part to RMA to create a RMA for this item. You can also mention the reason for return.
Finally click on Save button.
4. Once you have refunded the item(s) or part(s), a pop up screen will appear, informing you that a RMA has been created the part which you have just refunded. Click on View RMA to see more details about this RMA.
Q.How to exchange an item in RepairDesk?
A. There is a simple workaroaund to exchange any device or item in RepairDesk.
2. Now add a device or item in transaction. System will balance the amount you need to receive extra from customer in order to exchange the device/ item.
For further clarification, please refer to the above screenshot: