Simply create a PO, add items, select supplier, add notes and shipping details and within clicks send it to your supplier along with monitoring its status.
In 6 simple steps we will show you how to create a Purchase Order (PO).
1. Go to Inventory >> Purchase Order
2. Click on the Add Purchase Order button.
3. Here you can create a purchase order for accessories and parts. Select supplier, shipping details, destination and status of the PO along with order date and delivery date.
Supplier - the vendor to whom you are sending the Purchase Order
Ship To - Destination for shipping ordered parts
Order Date - Date on which PO is created
Delivery Date - Due Date by which items should be delivered.
Shipping Via - Mode of transporting goods
Tracking Number - Shipment's tracking ID to track its status
PO Status - Status of the PO, whether pending, received, in progress or any other status.
Notes - Add any note against the PO
Purchase order ID will be generated automatically by the system but it is editable during the phase in which purchase order is being created.
4. Select items from inventory by name or SKU, select quantity and click on Add Row to include the item in the PO. to remove an item click in the Remove icon.
5. Click on Add Product button to add another item to the PO.
6. Finally, click on Save to create the Purchase Order.
View on hand stock popup:
Q. How to receive inventory?
A. To receive inventory via Purchase Order, simply perform these steps:
1. Got to Inventory
2. Head to Purchase Orders
3. Change PO status to Received for the PO against which you're receiving inventory.
4. Once you change the status, a pop up will open asking if you would like to Create a Goods Receiving Note (GRN) against received inventory.
5. Click on Confirm to create GRN
6. Update received quantity in the GRN and click on Save.
7. Once GRN is created, you can view the corresponding PO by clicking on View Purchase Order.
8. Now you can see the updated PO with received quantities mentioned in it.
Q. How to email purchase order to supplier?
1. Open a purchase order
2.Click on Action
3.From the drop-down menu, click Email Supplier
4. Write notes, enter email address and send an email with PO as attachment.
Note: It's not necessary to open each purchase order to send email. It can be done from Action of each PO on Purchase Order listing page. Simply click on the Action button against a PO and click on Send.
Q. How can I stop employees from changing prices in PO?
A. You can do so by heading to Employee Roles & Permissions. Under Purchase Order, disable the trigger 'change price and tax.'
Q. How can I hide suppier information from employees?
A. For hiding supplier information from employees, first go to Employee Roles & Permissions. Then under Purchase Order, disable the trigger 'show supplier information.'
Q. How can I hide price on PDF of Purchase Order?
A. Sometimes you don't want the supplier to view price and just be able to just view quantity. For this we've provided a trigger which allows you to hide price when you export PO to PDf or send PO as PDF to supplier. To hide price in a PO,
1. Head toSettings
2. Go to Module Configuration
3. Click on Purchase Order
4. Enable the trigger 'Hide Price on PDF'
5. Hit Save Changes
Q. How can I add payment against a Purchase Order?
A. Click on the Action button against the invoice and select Add a Payment.
A pop up window will open in which you can enter amount, payment method, payment date and notes. Finally, click on Add to add payment against the Purchase Order.
Note: You can also add payment by opening a Purchase Order and selecting the option of Add a Payment via Action button.
Q. How can purchase order can be created using low stock repeort?
A.you can select a supplier and then press confirm, after confirming if the supplier has pending purchase order then option to add purchase order will appear and the user can select the PO in which item to be added.
Set default tax for PO. All the tax classes will be populated which are already created in the system.