Star TSP 100 printer is the most recommended hardware for RepairDesk POS Register app users to provide them hassle-free printing experience. It is ideal for printing thermal receipts for customers and with this printer you can
- Print 25 receipts per minute
- Drop In & Print Paper Loading
- Print in 2 colors
It comes with:
- Internal Power Supply
A. Setting up the Printer
To make the printer work with RepairDesk POS Register app, you have to first connect the printer with app by following the steps below
1.Open RepairDesk POS Register app and enter your Login credentials. Please make sure that printer is turned on and you have strong internet connection before moving to steps ahead.
Turning On The Printer
To turn on the printer, hold down the FEED button. While continuing to hold FEED button, turn the printer back on.
Once a receipt begins to print, release the FEED button. A second receipt containing the printer's IP address will automatically print. Compare the IP address from second receipt with your device's IP address. The first 3 groups of numbers in each IP must match. If they do not, it means the iOS device is connected to the wrong network.
2. Head to settings from side bar menu as shown below
3. Follow the two steps below to establish connection with the printer.
4. Once you click on select printer type, you will be directed to following screen where you can tap on printer image to select printer.
5. You will be redirected to hardware settings screen from where you have to select Star TSP Printer settings as shown below.
6. Once you tap on printer settings, following screen will be displayed from where you have to click on refresh button appearing on top right corner of the screen to get the list of available printers.
Note: To perform this step successfully you must make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
7. Select the option for Search LAN and it will start searching for available LAN printers.
Note: If you want to manually configure the printer with RepairDesk POS Register app, select the Manual option to edit the IP address and establish connection with printer.
8. Select Star TSP from list of available printers by simply tapping on it and you will get the confirmation screen to make sure that you want to establish connection with selected printer.
9. Select Yes to successfully connect printer with RepairDesk IPad POS register app and you will get it listed in available printers list.
Note: You can get a test print using Test Print button.
B. How to Print Receipts?
1. Create ticket from RepairDesk iPad POS Register following the procedure explained here.
2. Order confirmation screen will be displayed once you create a ticket. You have to select print thermal receipt from this screen and you will get the print preview of the receipt as shown below. Click on Print Invoice button to print receipt.
Print in Progress screen will be displayed.
C. How to setup Automatic Printing Functionality?
1. In case if you want to automatically get the print on creating a ticket, you can configure functionality from printer settings by turning on the automatic printing feature.
2. In case this trigger is turned on, when you make a ticket from POS screen, you will not have to tap on Print Thermal Receipt option and it will automatically start printing and following message will be displayed at top of screen.
Q. Can I print already existing invoices, tickets and estimates using Star TSP Printer?
A. Yes definitely you can print existing tickets, invoices and estimates using this printer. All you need to do is configure and connect printer through LAN connection as shown above.
To Print Invoices
1. Head to View Invoices screen from POS.
2. Slide left on the invoice you want to print and you will get the option to print. Hit the print option and you will get the invoice printed.
To print Estimates
1. Similarly to print estimates, click on View estimates option appearing at bottom of POS screen.
2. Slide left on the estimate you want to print and you will get the option to print. Hit the print option and you will get the estimate printed.
To Print Tickets
1. To print tickets, click on View Tickets option appearing at bottom of POS screen.
2. Slide left on the ticket you want to print and you will get the option to print. Hit the print option and you will get the ticket printed.
Q. Can I use this printer to print other receipts?
A. No, this printer can only be used to print thermal receipts.
Q. Can I follow this process for other printers as well?
A. Yes, similar process can only be followed for EPSON Printer as well. Please follow the link here to know how EPSON Printer work.
Q. Does this printer works with Cash Drawer?
A. Yes absolutely, Star TSP Printer works perfectly with Cash Drawer functionality in RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Is there any other printer that we can use to print receipts from RepairDesk iPad POS register app?
A. Yes you can use Google Cloud Print and Print Node for printing purposed through RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Is it possible to use Star TSP Printer through bluetooth connection?
For more details please follow the link here.