To facilitate you, we've added a new functionality which will allow you to import all of your customers directly into RepairDesk in a few simple steps.
This will enable you to:
1. Add multiple customers simultaneously
2. Import customers simply by uploading an excel file (.xls or .xlsx format)
3. Select records you do not want to be added to database
4. Enter missing details or update records just before importing
5. Roll back changes at the last moment
Curious on getting started? Let's go!
Customer Import via Excel File
1. Go to Manage Customers under Customers tab.
2. Click on the Import Customer button and select the Import option from the menu.
3. You can also download a sample file in .xls or .xlsx format so that you can upload your customer records in the correct format.
Note: It is highly recommended that you download a sample file so that you can map data accordingly. The column heading in the file should be the as that in the sample file.
Note: Once you have downloaded the sample file you can enter your own records into the various fields. Please keep in mind that RepairDesk would need column headings to match data, therfore do not change these column headings.
Once all changes are made, please save the file so that you can upload it later.
(See Attached Screenshot)
4. Once your file is ready for upload, click on Choose File button and select the customer list file you want to import from your system.
5. Once selected, click on Upload & Next button to proceed further.
6. On the Mapping screen, please confirm that the column headings in your imported file match the respective fields. You will see a tick mark against the column heading if the mapping is correct, otherwise you will see a cross mark, indicating that you need to correct this in your file.
Once confirmed, click on Next to proceed.
7. On the Format Overview screen, you can see whether the format or mapping is right or not. Click on Next button after confirming.
8. On the Batch View and Updates screen you can either update a record right from the screen just before the import starts or add missing information. If you don't want a record to be imported just click on the Remove icon (trash can icon) against that particular record.
Once you've updated records, just click on Save & Next button to perform the final step.
9. After all changes have been made you will be taken to the last screen: Confirm or Roll Back. Click on Confirm if you're sure that all data is correct and to start import. If you're not sure or want to revert back all changes, click on Roll Back button. This will cancel all changes and will take you back to the first screen.
And, that's it! As you can see, instead of adding multiple customers one-by-one you can bulk import them in five simple steps.
Q. I want to update some details of a customer. If I import customers will it will add a new customer record or it will be updated only?
A. To avoid duplication RepairDesk has a check on email and mobile number. If a previous record has the same email and mobile number than after customer import this record would not be duplicated; import will just update the existing record.
However if there is a differnet email and phone number, then a new record will be created.