I suggest you ...

Be able to take a Deposit

As of now, when you take a payment for partial invoice it turns it into a sale for the day. The sale doesn't need to be made until full payment is made. The partial invoices and partial payments are not integrated with QuickBooks and do not come over. We are paying sales tax on payments that are not received yet. Most companies pay tax on a Cash Basis. The Invoice should not show as a sale for that day until completely sold out. Taking Deposit on a Ticket would be helpful. We should be able to take the deposit and refund it if necessary

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kristan Collins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this be implemented within the next 30 days? My customers are starting to come into the shop putting deposits down on Trade Ins for Christmas Club - I'll need a proper way of tracking deposits that doesn't involve creating full invoices!

• AdminRepairDesk Team (Admin, RepairDesk) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@eric: You can certainly take a deposit. From the point of sale please perform all steps like you do for creating a repair ticket however you should click on checkout so that you can enter deposit amount and it will also create a repair ticket and an invoice.

Please reach out to our live chat for further assistance with this

• Eric Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh wow. First day with this and if I can’t take a deposit on a repair I won’t be able to use this software.

• Quang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is correct. But when you cancel the invoice (refund), will it also be refuned with tax component?

• kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to take a deposit and have it added to a customer account as store credit is essential - and as Kristan says, it should not be taxed until it has been spent, just like Gift Vouchers are not taxed until exchanged for a good or service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base