Let us show you how to utilize Inventory Count functionality.
1. Go to Inventory >> Inventory Count.
2. On the main page of Inventory Count all counts are listed. those counts with status set as Paused represent those inventory counts which have are in process and have been paused by the user so that it can be resumed later. Those with status set as Counted represent those inventory counts which have been completed.
3. You can click on Search Filter to sort out Inventory counts on the basis of following fields:
ID - Item ID
Store - Filtering Inventory Count on the basis of Store Locations
Employee - Employee who counted the inventory
Item Name - Filtering inventory count on the basis of item name
Status - Listing inventory counts on the basis of their status; Paused or Counted
From Date: List all inventory counts starting from a specific date
To Date - List all inventory counts till a particular date.
4. Click on Add Inventory Count button to start a new inventory count. Search an item in the searchable text box and click on Count to manually count inventory items one by one. Alternatively you can scan items through the bar code scanner to automatically count them. This will especially help for serialized inventory items.
5. Expected will show the stock quantity as recorded in the system. Counted will represent stock items that were actually counted. If Counted is less than Expected than this means that stock for that item is short of expected inventory level and might be misplaced or unrecorded.
6. Click on Pause Count to put inventory count on hold. If paused, inventory count can be resumed from the point where it was put on hold.
7. Click on Proceed to Review once you're done with counting inventory items. It will summarize the findings informing you if an item's stock level is equal to expected levels or if there is some variance. In case of shortage, it will also show the cost incurred due to loss of these inventory items.
8. Enable the trigger "Update Inventory Level" to update inventory stock levels and click on Save. Stock quantity will be updated and it's level will be now equal to the counted quantity.
Q. How can I download the Inventory Count?
A. Click on the action button next to a completed Inventory Count and select Export as PDF or Export as CSV to download the Inventory Count in PDF or CSV formats.
Q. Why I cannot delete or update a Counted inventory count whereas I can delete or update a Paused inventory count?
A. Paused Inventory Count can be updated and deleted beacause it is still in process and is incomplete.. However, those inventory counts which have the status of Counted have been completed and cannot be deleted or updated. These can only be viewed as these counts are completed in order to stop already finished inventory count from being tampered or manipulated and its record can be referred back to in the future.